Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Memphis 1969 Project (2015)

By GhostRyder14
CD Info:

Elvis Presley's 1969 recording sessions at American Sound Studio in Memphis Tennessee are, in my opinion, his best work as a mature artist. He was singing songs with meaning and with feeling for the first time in years. About 8-10 yrs ago, The Purple Chick Label released a 10-CD collection called "American Sound Sessions;" it's a great collection but since its release there has been more material, both official and unofficial made available. This collection, I feel, is both an update and upgrade to their work. I've used theirs and many more sources to put this together; too many to name, and because I've edited quite a few to include the studio chatter between takes. The Purple Chick Label has about 15 takes of an instrumental called "Come Out, Come Out;" I have not included them for two reasons:

1. The official instrumental track was not released until 2013 and sounds nothing like those takes; in my opinion they are two different songs.

2. My second reason is Elvis never laid down a vocal track to them, so I only included the official. My mindset is that it's not truly an Elvis recording if he's not a part of it. But it's still part of the session list so I feel that one take will do. "Saves room for me as well."

This is still not a 100% complete collection, but I think it's the best there is as of May 2015. 

- GhostRyder 14

5 comments:

  1. I would love to download this great collection. no ling showing in Firefox. Tanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do we purchase your collection, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this collection somehow, somewhere still available??

    ReplyDelete